National Humanities Alliance
The National Humanities Alliance (NHA) is a nationwide coalition of organizations advocating for the humanities on campuses, in communities, and on Capitol Hill. Founded in 1981, NHA is supported by over 230 member organizations, including: colleges, universities, libraries, museums, cultural organizations, state humanities councils, and scholarly, professional, and higher education associations. It is the only organization that brings together the U.S. humanities community as a whole.
What we do:
- Cultivate support for federal funding for the humanities. A list of our current priorities can be found here.
- Promote the public value of the humanities.
- Promote the value of studying the humanities.
- Convene the humanities community to explore best practices for advocating for the humanities on campus, in communities, and on Capitol Hill.
- View our 2021 Year in Review.
The NHA is a 501(c)(4) non-profit association and is strictly nonpartisan. The NHA Foundation is the 501(c)(3) supporting foundation of the National Humanities Alliance. It works to research and communicate the value of the humanities to a range of audiences including elected officials and the general public.